When it comes to staging your home for sale, Marcia Goodman knows exactly what home buyers want and will bring home the buyers.
Staging a home is one of the most critical things you can do to list your home and attract home buyers to get a contract offer. Marcia Goodman has staged hundreds of homes and knows exactly what will bring a buyer to your home. From top to bottom, she will walk with you and make suggestions for the things that are needed to ensure a home is ready for sale and to bring a higher price. Staging a home is often less difficult than you may think and Marcia has a template she follows for every home listing. It begins with making changes to increase the curb appeal, inside and out. Below are some tips for staging a home for sale. Please call Marcia Goodman for your next listing and she will help walk you through the staging process.
Cell: 703-819-4776. Office: 703-378-8810. Or email her using the contact form.
Your Staging Guide
Staging is considering the layout of your furniture and décor and strategically arranging it to best make a sale. Personally, I like to think of home staging as sprinkling a little bit of magic into your home. Let’s talk a little bit more about what staging can involve and what we can do together.
Home staging is about creating illusions — illusions of more light, more space and ideas of what the home could become to your prospective buyers. Think bigger, brighter, warmer and even more welcoming! When I stage, I bring out the best in your home.
Why Stage Your Home?
Here are some reasons home staging is beneficial when selling your home:
- Your home will stand out from others on the market. Staging allows for great pictures. Since most home shopping is now done online, staging great for photos is your key to getting more buyers in the door.
- Homes that are professionally staged typically sell for higher prices — in fact, potentially 10 percent more!
- Buyers can have a hard time envisioning how to use spaces. Home staging puts the best ideas right in front of them.
- Your house will sell faster!
- Staging helps buyers overlook your home’s flaws. When they are so focused on the home and imagine themselves living there, the flaws don’t jump out at them.
Small Staging Projects = Big Payoffs!
Staging your home to sell simply means maximizing your home’s potential in ways that will attract buyers. And small projects really can add up to big increases in your sales price. Let’s go room-by-room, and I’ll point out which upgrades and changes can get you the biggest bang for your buck
Nail That Curb Appeal!
- Staging isn’t just for indoors. Take a good look around your yard and note simple improvements you can make such as:
- Power washing your home and walkways
- Adding potted plants for dimension and color
- Edging walkways and curbs for a neat tidy lawn
- Arranging furniture on the porch in a way that invites conversation
- Putting a fresh coat of paint on the front door and topping it off with a seasonal wreath
Stage a Spa-Like Bathroom!
- With a few inexpensive projects, you can turn your dated bathroom into a spa retreat! Get an updated look by:
- Painting the walls a neutral color
- Scrubbing soap scummy shower doors until they shine
- Replacing your vanity with a pedestal sink
- Swapping out grimy, old fixtures and updating the mirror
- Hanging plush, inviting towels
- Setting out a small dish of luxury, shaped soaps
Create a Kitchen All Chefs Will Love!
Kitchens are one of the most important rooms in your home, so staging it right will take you far. You can turn around the entire look of your kitchen by:
- Purchasing stainless steel appliances to replace outdated ones
- Applying stainless steel overlays to existing appliances for an updated look
- Replacing old countertops or glazing your current ones
- Clearing the clutter from your counters to make the room appear more spacious
- Painting or staining old cabinets
- Scouring your sink until it shines
Stage a Living Room That Welcomes Buyers!
There’s nothing like an inviting living room, laid out perfectly for conversation or with a book nook calling you to curl up with your favorite best seller and a glass of wine/cup of coffee. Get that feeling by:
- Cleaning your fireplace and hearth and tossing a warm quilt over the edge
- Painting or replacing your older fireplace screen
- Painting the walls a neutral color
- Opting for lighter, airier window treatments
- Tossing colorful throws over the edges of couches and chairs
- Adding lamps — you can never have too much light!
- Arranging furniture for conversation and traffic flow
General Staging Rules to Wow Buyers
Some rules apply throughout your home and can help you prepare each room for showings:
- Use your furnishing to display the purpose of the room. For example, if it’s an office, make it look like a usable office, not a storage room.
- Be mindful of your traffic patterns. Leave natural walkways in each room.
- Don’t block windows. You want as much light as possible for each showing. Open curtains and blinds completely
- Replace light bulbs with the highest wattage possible to brighten each room.
- Make sure each room is thoroughly cleaned from cobwebs on the ceiling to the baseboards on the floor! Nothing sells a house better than a CLEAN house!
- De-clutter – As you begin to pack, remove the excesses
- Remove most of your personal items but don’t leave it sterile
Staging projects don’t have to be expensive to have a big impact. Get started on your to-do list today, and if you need help with project suggestions, give me a call! When you list with me, I stage for free using your furniture. We can create a list together and make the perfect staging plan for your home to maximize its selling potential!