Home staging may be something you’ve only experienced on The Home and Garden Channel, but it’s becoming more and more common in the real estate field. Staging is considering the layout of your furniture and décor and strategically arranging it to best make a sale. Personally, I like to think of home staging as sprinkling a little bit of magic into your home. Let’s talk a little bit more about what staging can involve and what we can do together.
What Happens During Staging?
Home staging is about creating illusions — illusions of more light, more space and ideas of what the home could become to your prospective buyers. Think bigger, brighter, warmer and even more welcoming! When I stage, I bring out the best in your home.
Some people prickle a bit at the idea of rearranging their home. Think about it this way. You’ve created the best living area for you and your family. If you have children, you may have lots and lots of storage pieces throughout your home. Or you may hate the afternoon sun filtering in through your bay window and have hung heavy drapes. When I help sell a home, together we create as much space and light as possible to help buyers envision what the house could be for them. We open it up, lighten it up and make it so inviting, they can’t resist!
After you’ve painted and cleaned, I’ll apply the final dressings — the lipstick and diamond earrings if you will. I may group small pieces of furniture in a unique manner, pull in a variety of textures, arrange sit-arounds in preferred groupings and more. We can take your everyday items and arrange them in ways that excite your buyers.
Why Stage Your Home?
Here are some reasons home staging is beneficial when selling your home:
- Your home will stand out from others on the market. Staging allows for great pictures. Since most home shopping is now done online, staging great photos is your key to getting more buyers in the door.
- Homes that are professionally staged typically sell for higher prices — in fact, potentially 10 percent more!
- Buyers can have a hard time envisioning how to use spaces. Home staging puts the best ideas right in front of them.
- Your house will sell faster!
- Staging helps buyers overlook your home’s flaws. When they are so focused on the beauty and imagining themselves living there, the flaws don’t jump out at them.
What Do You Charge for Staging?
Many people shy away from home staging because it can feel invasive and can be costly. When you list with me and we use your furniture, I’ll provide the magical touch of staging free of charge. Working together, we’ve already begun to form a relationship. I am sensitive to your needs while still focusing on our ultimate goal — selling your home. We’ll use what you already have to bring out the very best in your home.
Partner with me in 2016. Whether buying, selling or both, I’m passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.