Fall is my favorite time of year for decorating. It’s so easy to spruce up your home with natural decorations and make it even more inviting! When your home is on the market, there are certain staging ideas you should keep in mind. Check out these tips for a warm, inviting home that will knock your buyers’ socks off!
- Light it up! As the days get shorter and you’re facing many evening showings, always keep lighting in mind. You’ll want to do all you can to brighten your rooms — turn on lamps, fully open shades and blinds and put the brightest bulbs possible into all of your fixtures. The light will give a warm glow, inviting your buyers in while making rooms seem larger. Win, win.
- Work on your curb appeal. As fall breezes in, specific outdoor staging becomes important, as well. Make sure you rake or blow leaves regularly to keep your lawn looking neat. And add in plenty of warm fall colors throughout. Consider potting mums or planting them in beds. While I understand Halloween is fun, if you usually deck out your entrance in spider webs and ghosts, skip the haunting this year. Consider a fall wreath on the door instead or a welcoming arrangement with pumpkins and small hay bales on the front porch.
- Cozy things up. There’s nothing better in the fall than cuddling up next to a warm fire under your favorite blanket. Create cozy spots throughout your home. Add a chenille throw over the arm of a chair situated near the fireplace. Add more throw pillows to large sofas and cozy quilts to the ends of beds. Small touches create the feeling of comfort, which is very appealing to buyers.
- Add seasonal scents. While you don’t want to overpower your buyers, some fall scents can be really comforting. You could burn a cinnamon or fall-scented candle on a table or simmer a pot of cider on the stove before you go. Fill a thermos with the cider and leave some mugs for your buyers to enjoy as they stroll through your home.
- Light a fire. If it’s cool enough outside, use your fireplace. Nothing says “This home is so inviting!” like a fire burning in the family room.
- Sprinkle fall décor throughout your home. A pumpkin on the hearth, a leaf-shaped welcome sign near the entrance and a leaf garland on the mantle create warmth and inspiration throughout your home. Remember to always keep it simple, but decorate for the season to make things welcoming.
- Don’t forget the back deck! Cozy chairs with outdoor pillows arranged around a fire pit are lovely fall touches. You’ll give your buyers a feeling of warmth, as well as creative ideas of how to use the space.
Do you feel like you could use some help with all this? Fall, winter, spring or summer, when you list with me, I’ll stage your home for free! We’ll use your furniture and decorations to create appealing rooms no buyer can walk away from. Contact me today!