SHOWING TECHNIQUES FOR SELLERS
Let’s start with the outside. As buyer’s pull up to the curb they are excited. Keep that excitement going with making a lasting impression!
Here are my 7 quick tips to get you going:
1. Keep the lawn mowed, trimmed, and watered. Trim bushes and eliminate dead branches and trees. Keep the lawns cleared of debris, toys, and equipment.
2. Weed and cultivate any gardens.
3. Repair fences, gates doorbells, lights, windows and screens.
4. Paint where necessary especially the front door, gates and all the trim.
5. Have the exterior clean and attractive, the roof in good repair, and the gutters and downspouts in good condition.
6. Make the entrance clean and inviting with a new mat and/or potted plant.
7. Make absolutely sure there are no cob-webs!
Get your house ready on the inside too! Here are my top 7 tips:
1. Walls should be clean and free of smudges, fingerprints, and dents. If general washing doesn’t work, consider a fresh coat of paint.
2. The kitchen, the heart of the home, should be especially clean. Very few, if any items, should be out on the counters or table. Be sure to empty the garbage and freshen the disposal.
3. Bathrooms must be sparkling clean with no stains or mildew! Repair caulking. If necessary add fresh, clean (or new) towels and shower curtain. Fix leaks! Clean out medicine cabinet, closet, and vanity.
4. Be sure all floors are cleaned, mopped, vacuumed. Shampoo rugs/carpets.
5. Curtains and drapes should be freshly laundered and or in good condition.
6. Remove clutter and extras for every room including the tops of all surfaces including counters, shelves, and bedroom dressers. Beds must be made.
7. Repair items as necessary: loose door knobs, sticking doors and windows, loose banisters, warped kitchen drawers and cabinet doors, light fixtures and light bulbs, and cracked/broken switch and outlet plates.
Call me to get your home shown and sold with my expertise!