Marcia Goodman with Samson Properties in Gainesville, VA will stage your home for sale in Manassas, Warrenton and Fairfax and bring in prospective home buyers.
When it comes to staging a home for sale in VA, choose Marcia Goodman with Samson Properties in Gainesville VA. Marcia Goodman has staged tons of homes, town homes and condos throughout Manassas, Gainesville, Warrenton and Northern VA and knows exactly what will bring a buyer to your property. From top to bottom, she will walk with you and make suggestions for the things that are needed to ensure a home is ready for sale. Staging a home will bring a higher price and help the home to sell faster than non-staged homes. Staging a home in Virginia is one of the most critical things you can do to your home to attract home buyers and to get a contract offer. Staging a home is often less difficult than you may think and Marcia Goodman has a template she follows for every home listing. It begins with staging a property and making changes to increase the curb appeal, inside and out. Below are some tips for staging a home for sale in VA. Please call Marcia Goodman for your next listing and she will help walk you through the staging process.
Cell: 703-819-4776. Office: 703-378-8810. Or email her using the contact form.
Your Staging Guide in VA
Staging is considering the layout of your furniture and décor and strategically arranging it to best make a sale. Personally, I like to think of home staging as sprinkling a little bit of magic into your home. Let’s talk a little bit more about what staging can involve and what we can do together.
Home staging is about creating illusions — illusions of more light, more space and ideas of what the home could become to your prospective buyers. Think bigger, brighter, warmer and even more welcoming! When I stage a home for sale, I bring out the best in your home.
Why Stage a Home for Sale?
Here are some reasons home staging is beneficial when selling your home:
- Your home will stand out from others on the market. Staging a home allows for great pictures. Since most home shopping is now done online, photos of staged rooms is key to getting more buyers in the door.
- Homes that are professionally staged typically sell for higher prices — in fact, potentially 10 percent more!
- Buyers can have a hard time envisioning how to use spaces. Home staging puts the best ideas right in front of them.
- Your house will sell faster!
- Staging helps buyers overlook your home’s flaws. When they are so focused on the home and imagine themselves living there, the flaws don’t jump out at them.
Small Home Staging Projects = Big Home Payoffs!
Staging your home to sell simply means maximizing your home’s potential in ways that will attract buyers. And small projects really can add up to big increases in your sales price. Let’s go room-by-room, and I’ll point out which upgrades and changes can get you the biggest bang for your buck
Nailing a Homes Curb Appeal!
- Staging isn’t just for indoors. Take a good look around your yard and note simple improvements you can make such as:
- Power washing your home and walkways around your house
- Adding potted plants to the exterior of your home for dimension and color
- Edging walkways and curbs for a neat tidy lawn
- Arranging furniture on the porch in a way that invites conversation
- Putting a fresh coat of paint on the front door and topping it off with a seasonal wreath
Stage a Spa-Like Bathroom Within Your Home!
- With a few inexpensive projects, you can turn your dated bathroom into a spa retreat! Get an updated look by:
- Painting the walls in your home a neutral color
- Scrubbing soap scummy shower doors until they shine
- Replacing your vanity with a pedestal sink
- Swapping out grimy, old home fixtures and updating the mirror
- Hanging plush, inviting towels
- Setting out a small dish of luxury, shaped soaps
Create a Home Kitchen All Chefs Will Love!
Kitchens are one of the most important rooms in your home, so staging it right will take you far. You can turn around the entire look of your kitchen by:
- Purchasing stainless steel appliances to replace outdated ones
- Applying stainless steel overlays to existing appliances for an updated look
- Replacing old countertops or glazing your current ones
- Clearing the clutter from your counters to make the room appear more spacious
- Painting or staining old cabinets
- Scouring your sink until it shines
Stage A Living Room That Welcomes Home Buyers!
There’s nothing like an inviting living room, laid out perfectly for conversation or with a book nook calling you to curl up with your favorite best seller and a glass of wine/cup of coffee. Get that feeling by:
- Cleaning your fireplace and hearth and tossing a warm quilt over the edge of a couch
- Painting or replacing your older fireplace screen
- Painting the walls a neutral color within the home
- Opting for lighter, airier home window treatments
- Tossing colorful throws over the edges of couches and chairs
- Adding lamps — you can never have too much light!
- Arranging home furniture for conversation and traffic flow
General Staging Rules to Wow Home Buyers
Some rules apply throughout your home and can help you prepare each room for showings:
- Use your furnishing to display the purpose of the room. For example, if it’s an office, make it look like a usable office, not a storage room.
- Be mindful of your traffic patterns. Leave natural walkways in each room.
- Don’t block windows. You want as much light as possible for each showing. Open curtains and blinds completely to let the light into your home.
- Replace light bulbs with the highest wattage possible to brighten each room in the home.
- Make sure each room is thoroughly cleaned from cobwebs on the ceiling to the baseboards on the floor! Nothing sells a house better than a CLEAN house!
- De-clutter – As you begin to pack, remove the excesses
- Remove most of your personal items but don’t leave it sterile
Home staging projects don’t have to be expensive to have a big impact. Get started on your to-do list today, and if you need help with project suggestions, give Marcia Goodman a call! When you list with Marcia Goodman, she will stage your home for free using your furniture. Marcia will work with you to create a list and make the perfect staging plan for your home to maximize its selling potential!