Some people think it’s just a fad — the latest thing in real estate. But staging is here to stay, and its benefits are backed by research! Here are my top 10 reasons why you should have your home staged.
- You’ll make more money. Staged homes sell for up to 10 percent more! When selling your home, you want to do everything you can to get the most out of your investment. Home staging is one of your best options.
- You’ll suffer through fewer showings. Why? Because your home will sell faster! As a realtor, I realize how inconvenient the selling process can be. Maximize your time on the market by presenting your home at its best!
- Help your buyers picture themselves in the home. Stage your home to present at its best, and you will be providing the perfect canvas for buyers to imagine their life in your home. Create space to give them spots to picture their furnishing. Clear out your closet to show how many of their belongings can fit!
- Make your home more photogenic. We all want our pictures taken in the best light and from our best angles right? Your home should get the same benefit! By staging your home, you’re setting up for perfect pictures! The better your home shows in photos online, the more people will want to come experience it for themselves. In today’s digital world, this is key!
- It’s hard for you to be objective. You’ve seen your home in the same light with the same furnishing for so long, it can be tough to imagine it any other way. Or perhaps it’s laid out perfectly for your family. Home stagers view your home objectively with the opinion of the masses in mind. It’s new territory to them, allowing stagers to be more imaginative and impartial.
- You never get a second chance… Yep. To make that first impression. Put your best forward. Dress for success. All of those clichés apply. You want people to love your home from the moment they set foot in it. Set yourself up for success with a staged home.
- Home stagers apply concealer and lipstick. No, we don’t paint or apply makeup, truly, but in a way we do. Stagers can rearrange your furnishings and décor to hide the flaws, allowing buyers to focus on possibilities and features, not imperfections. And we do add a little pop to your décor and the finishing touches —lipstick and diamonds earrings.
- You’ll feel more confident. Putting your home on the market can be so nerve wracking. Declutter and have your home staged. Then stand back, relax, and know that you’ve done your best to get the most bang for your buck and to make the process as efficient as possible.
- You’ll look better than the Joneses. Don’t just keep up with other homes – excel! Homes that are staged stand out from the crowd! Believe me. You want to stand out, in this case.
- You just might learn something. Since you’ll soon be moving into a new home, your stager may teach you some design tricks you’ll be able to use in your new home. Stagers have unique ways of looking at homes and know how to appeal to buyers. Many of the methods will likely appeal to you!
I’m passionate about home selling and staging. Work with me, and, using your furnishings, I will stage your home for free. Let’s start now and get you in your dream home in 2016!